New Olympus Tough TG-870 Announced
Olympus have just announced an all-around underwater camera packing the powerful combination of a 21mm ultra-wide angle 5x zoom lens, 180 degree tilt screen, Wi-Fi and GPS, with a high-resolution 920k dot LCD has brightness boosting function for outdoor daytime shooting.
Designed for outdoor enthusiasts, rugged urban explorers and families with young children, the new Olympus TG-870 features the widest lens of any compact digital camera with a 21mm 5x zoom. It’s 15m waterproof, 2.1m shock-proof, 100kgf crush-proof, and is -10 degrees Celsius freeze-proof. That’s a lot of beef for such a compact camera!
The remarkable 21-105mm wide-angle zoom lens of the Tough TG-870 provides you with the ability to photograph the widest scenes from expansive outdoor vistas to cramped interiors, and at the same time, allow you to capture flattering portraits. For the best image quality, Olympus has used the same type of high-performance glass optics that it uses in the highly-regarded Zuiko lens system for PEN and OM-D cameras.
A new Autofocus-Lock functionality, automatic edge distortion compensation for flattering ultra-wide angle selfies, and a significantly smaller USB charger are the highlight improvements over the series model that it succeeds.
The new Olympus TG-870 is designed for the consumer who wants a durable camera with superb lens flexibility and the best balance of the latest imaging features. It’s the ideal no-fuss compact camera that you can take anywhere.
- Ultra-wide angle 21-105mm zoom lens
- 180 degree flip-up screen (920k dot resolution)
- Wi-Fi compatible – smartphone control via Olympus OI.Share app; easy social sharing
- GPS functionality – mapping data for picture geo-tagging; Olympus OI.Track app
- Front facing shutter release button for selfie shooting and easy harnessed operation
- 13 creative Art Filters applicable to photo stills and video
- Live Composite shooting feature – for creative long exposure photography
- Dedicated underwater photography modes with optimised colour-balance and exposure
- 15m water-proof, 2.1m shock-proof, 100kgf crush-proof, and is -10 degrees Celsius freeze-proof
Source: Olympus Australia Pty Ltd