Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro HD
The technical details behind this production switchers
Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro HD offers great features. It is an 8-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, with both sets of inputs supporting SD and HD resolution from both professional and consumer cameras. The relatively small chassis fits in a standard equipment rack, allowing it to be installed on a sliding rack shelf or packed into a "fly-away-kit" for use on location. ATEM Television Studio Pro HD is designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals. The control surface is replete with control buttons, knobs, and a fader bar. All this enables selecting camera inputs and controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. Inputs and outputs are located on the rear of the unit. PGM output is available via SDI while multiview can be sent via SDI or HDMI. An AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is best for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with Upstream Keyer. You can use a luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use a chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
1. DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with amazing built-in transitions. 2. Wipe: ATEM Television Studio Pro HD has built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized coloured borders. 3. Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid colour, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. 4. Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition. 5. Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The two media players appear as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full-frame video, or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. The popular image formats such as TGA, BMP, PNG, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
This feature allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and program outputs on a single screen so you don't need separate monitors for your individual cameras. You get HDMI and SDI multiview outputs so you can connect professional broadcast SDI monitors, computer monitors, or even consumer HDTV sets.
The built-in audio mixer allows you to control the camera and external audio with precision level and balance adjustments on all 10 available channels. You can enable or disable channels, or activate audio-follow-video (AFV) mode instantly. Adjust the mixer via the ATEM Control Software, or plugin an external Mackie standard USB fader panel.
To automate complex sequences of precisely timed actions on your ATEM switcher, you can now create powerful shortcuts called macros. Record a sequence of transitions between video sources, including key effects, audio mixer adjustments, camera control settings, and more using the ATEM software or hardware control panel. Macros are saved as XML files that can be edited with a standard text editor, so you can combine them together to build sophisticated sequences that would be impossible to execute manually during a live production. That means you can make unique looks that can be recalled quickly, copied between switchers, and used repeatedly when you require them.
ATEM Television Studio Pro HD includes two downstream keyers, so you can add high-quality graphics like bugs, logos, and titles from the built-in media players over the live "on-air" program output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying, so they overlay all video switched to the main program output.
- NTSC/PAL, HD, Computer Signal Compatible
- Built-In Front Panel Controls
- 10-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
- 8-Channel SDI/HDMI Switcher
Top three Reasons we think you will love this production switchers
- Excellent Features
- Easy to operate
- Great for broadcasters and A/V professionals