This is the oldest camera store in the country, opening the doors in 1872 on the gold fields. We have only had 3 owners, George Richards, Phil Thornton and the current owners the Lewis family. The company has continued to evolve from primarily a studio through to cameras and processing and a commercial lab in the 1970s. We now stock a wide range of photographic equipment and process for many proffessionals in our area. We endeavour to provide personalised service and up to date information. The store's atmosphere is calm, proffessional and friendly.
We offer products from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, FujiFilm, Samsung, Ricoh, JVC, Sanyo, Tamron, Sigma, Lowepro, Bushnell, Manfrotto, Flip (Cisco), Matin, Joby, Metz and Optex.
We are members of PICA, DIMA and the PMA and were awarded Camera House Rex Alexander Store of the year 1981 and 2001, we were also Ballarat Chamber of commerce finalists in 2003+2005.