Explore a high-quality selection of advanced mirrorless cameras from Camera House. With a reputation for superior image quality and compact sizing, a mirrorless camera will help you unlock your full creative potential. With a point and shoot, you can just keep it in your pocket and be ready to go at a moment's notice.
Discover the latest Canon EOS R50 & R8 Camera
Buy the newly released Canon EOS R50. It has so many great features like it’s panoramic photo mode, movie functionality for close-up demos, movie image stabilisation, high quality video conferencing and livestreaming and so much more.
Check out the latest entry-level camera, the Canon EOS R8. It combines high performance full frame capabilities into a 461g lightweight and compact body. Experience 24.2 megapixels high quality imaging, fast shooting speeds of up to 40 frames per second and full width 4K 60p video
Pre Order the Canon EOS R50 & R8 at Camera House today!
What is a mirrorless camera?
A mirrorless camera is a digital camera that does not use a mirror or an optical viewfinder. The image sensor is exposed to light directly, as opposed to through a mirror as in a DSLR. This enables the camera to be smaller and lighter and to have faster autofocus. The mirrorless camera is a new type of camera that is becoming increasingly popular among professional and amateur photographers alike.
What are some of the key features of mirrorless cameras?
Some of the key features of mirrorless cameras are that they are smaller and lighter than DSLRs, they have interchangeable lenses, they have an electronic viewfinder, and they have a sensor that is exposed to light at all times. Mirrorless cameras also have a shorter shutter lag than DSLRs, and they can shoot video as well as still images. This makes them ideal for capturing quick action shots or recording moving images.
Different types of mirrorless cameras
- Crop Sensor/ APS-C mirrorless cameras: These cameras have a smaller sensor than a full-frame camera. They are lighter and more affordable, making them a great option for beginners.
- Full-frame mirrorless cameras: These cameras have a larger sensor, which means they can capture more light and detail in a photo. They're also more expensive and heavier than other types of cameras.
- Micro four-thirds mirrorless cameras: These are great for those who want to photograph in high quality in a compact body. Micro four-thirds cameras are also generally more affordable but they don’t perform nearly as well in low light conditions as APS-C or full-frame cameras do.
How do mirrorless cameras compare to DSLR cameras?
DSLR cameras have been the gold standard for professional photographers for many years. But with the advent of mirrorless cameras, that is starting to change. Mirrorless cameras have a number of advantages over DSLRs, which is why many professional photographers are making the switch.
Here are some of the key ways in which mirrorless cameras compare to DSLRs:
1. Size and weight. Mirrorless cameras are typically smaller and lighter than DSLRs because they don't have the mirror box assembly that DSLRs have. This makes mirrorless cameras more portable, which is ideal for travel photography.
2. Lens selection. Because of having no reflex mirror, mirrorless cameras give you more lens options, and you're not limited to the lenses that are designed specifically for your camera.
3. Viewfinder. DSLRs usually have a better viewfinder than other types of cameras. This is because DSLRs have a mirror that reflects the image from the lens to the viewfinder.
How do you choose the right mirrorless camera for you?
When choosing a mirrorless camera, there are several things you should take into consideration in order to find the best one for your needs. First, decide what you want to use the camera for. If you plan on using it primarily for photography, then you'll want to look for a camera with a good image sensor. If you plan on using it for videography, then you'll want to look for a camera with good video capabilities.
A good video camera will have features like 4K resolution, 60fps recording, and a microphone input. 4K resolution will give you clear, sharp footage, while 60fps recording will allow you to capture smooth, realistic motion. A microphone input will allow you to connect an external microphone to your camera, which can be helpful in capturing clear audio to accompany your video footage.
If you plan on doing any low-light recording, look for a camera with good low-light performance. This can be determined by the camera's sensor size and pixel count. A larger sensor will allow more light to enter the camera, which will result in better low-light performance. A higher pixel count will also allow the camera to capture more detail in low light. This is because each pixel on the sensor can absorb more light, resulting in a brighter image.
What are some of the most popular mirrorless camera accessories?
- Camera lenses. They help to capture images in a variety of lighting conditions. With a variety of different lenses available, there is sure to be one that fits the needs of every photographer.
- Extra batteries. They are great to have on hand in case your camera runs out of juice while you're out shooting.
- Camera straps. They help to keep your camera from getting lost or dropped, and they can also be used to help steady your camera when you're taking a picture.
- Camera tripods. They are an essential piece of equipment for any photographer, amateur or professional. They provide a stable base for your camera, preventing it from being shaken or dropped.
- There are many other accessories that can be very useful for mirrorless camera owners. For example, a camera case can protect your investment from bumps and scratches, while a memory card reader can help you quickly and easily transfer files from your camera to your computer.
Shop with Confidence Online or Instore at Camera House
Ready to up your photography game with a high-quality but compact new mirrorless camera? Head on down to Camera House and check out our selection of the latest and greatest mirrorless cameras on the market today. With models from all the top brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, and more, we've got just the right camera to suit your needs and your budget.
Take advantage of our knowledgeable staff and ask them what mirrorless camera is right for you! Shop online and enjoy flat-rate delivery Australia-wide, or check out our store locator to visit a Camera House store near you.